Topic Specific Engagements
We also understand that not everyone needs a Comprehensive Financial Plan, which is why we offer flexibility. Our planning, and the time involved and consequent fee, all depends on your questions, your family situation, and your specific needs.
Here are some sample engagements based on some of the questions you may have –
Investment Portfolio Review $720 – $1920
The cost is dependent upon the number of accounts and the number and types of investments.
- Do we have the right investments?
- We are concerned about stock market fluctuations; what can we do to minimize volatility?
- Is my portfolio diversified enough?
- How do I know if it is time to sell an investment?
- What are the tax consequences involved?
Retirement Lifetime Income Planning $720 - $1440
- What are my options for taking Social Security?
- Which pension option is best for us?
- What should I do with my 401(k)/403(b), etc.?
- How much can I take out and not run out of money?
- Which accounts should I draw from first?
- Can we afford to travel and enjoy ourselves?
Retirement Planning $480 - $960
- How much should I be saving for retirement vs. college for the kids?
- Am I on track to retire when I want to?
- What types of accounts are best for me?
- My employer does not match, what are my best options?
College Funding Planning $480 - $1440
- How much should I save for a college education?
- Should we have a 529 plan?
- How is financial aid impacted by having a custodial account? 529?
- FAFSA Assistance and Guidance
- College Funding Alternatives
Investment Plan Implementation Assistance $480 - $960
- Great plan! How do I get it going?
- We work with clients or on behalf of clients to ensure that the investment plan is accomplished by appropriate purchases, sales, trades, or other portfolio actions.
- Implementation assistance ensures that your plan starts working for you right away.
Income Tax Return Review, Analysis, and Tax-Savings Strategy Assessment $480 - $960
- Am I paying too much in taxes?
- Am I taking all of the deductions and credits I should?
- Have I made any mistakes in my tax returns?
- Comprehensive review of your tax return to highlight opportunities for maximizing tax reduction strategies.
- Recommendations of tax solutions including tax advantaged investments.
- Staying up-to-date on and informing you of new tax laws that can affect your situation.
- Federal and State income tax return preparation available at additional cost with discount for financial planning clients.
SHFA Recurring Client Service Programs
Annual Portfolio Rebalance Review $480 – $960
- A detailed analysis and review of current portfolio holdings to keep investment portfolio in balance and in alignment with financial goals
- Specific recommendations to align portfolio holdings with appropriate benchmark
Annual Comprehensive Plan Review $500
Discussion and review of original plan, including:
- Cash flow and saving assessment
- Performance analysis of current investment portfolio
- Insurance coverage
- Retirement savings review
- Income tax savings ideas and strategies
- Can be combined with Portfolio Rebalance Review for $960-$1200 annual fee depending on portfolio complexity.
Portfolio Partnership Program (P3)
SHFA’s P3 is a new service offering that gives our clients the option of an affordable ongoing relationship with Safe Harbor to help them monitor their investment portfolios and make adjustments as needed to stay on course for their financial goals.
Unlike the ongoing service models of other financial advisors, the SHFA P3 service does not take control of a client’s investment portfolio for a sizeable fee that is typically tied to a percentage of the client’s assets being managed by the planner. Instead, as the name suggests, the client partners with Safe Harbor to manage their own investments with the guidance and course corrections needed from the Safe Harbor team. Safe Harbor is paid for the services provided to the client on an hourly basis, not tied in any way to the amount of money in the client’s portfolio or where those investments are located.
Your P3 project fee is customized to your particular situation with more complex portfolios requiring more time and a higher fee than relatively simple portfolios. Learn more about P3 by contacting Safe Harbor.